This spill kit training course covers the fundamentals of emergency spill response, in both theory and practice. Participants will learn how best to minimise the impact of a spill, by understanding the basics of spill control, containment and clean-up.
This course is ideal for all personnel who may have to store, use, dispose of, or respond to an incident involving fuels, oils, and chemical liquid spills.
- Give participants a basic understanding of their environmental duty of care regarding spills and spill clean-up.
- Teach participants which absorbents and types of products are suitable for each type of spill.
- Teach participants the Universal 7-Step Spill Response Guide.
At the end of the course, participants will have knowledge of:
- introduction into EPA Guidelines
- environmental duty of care
- contaminants and pollutants
- absorbent selection
- the Universal 7-Step Spill Response Guide
- correct product application.
Ecospill’s Spill Response: Fundamentals spill kit training course is ideal for:
- workshop, depot and factory personnel
- team leaders
- transport drivers
- mobile technicians
- …anyone who uses, stores or transports dangerous goods and petroleum.
1 hour 40 minutes, including time for questions.
This spill kit training course comprises a slide presentation and product demonstration.
Your firm will receive a Certificate of Participation, listing participants’ names, at the end of the course.
Ecospill can conduct any of our spill kit training courses on your premises (subject to numbers).
Alternatively, Spill Training fundamentals is available Ecospill’s training facilities at:
Brisbane: 1/19 Hinkler Court, Brendale QLD 4500
Perth: 3/28 Hammond Rd, Cockburn WA 6164
$45 plus GST per participant
Minimum 10 participants (or $450 plus GST) per session.
Call 1300 736 116 and discuss your training needs with us today!
Ecospill’s other spill response and spill kit training courses
• Manage Spill Control in the Workplace short course
• Certificate IV in Management of Safety and Environmental Practices