This course expands on Ecospill’s Fundamentals spill kit training to provide a more in-depth understanding of spill response, control, containment, and clean-up. This course has been adapted from our accredited Certificate IV qualification, and prepared in this shortened, non-accredited form to bring you the ideal spill kit training solution for everyday personnel. It is tailored to those who are involved in the day-to-day processes, storage and use of petroleum, chemical and any dangerous goods liquids.
As well as a theory component, participants will be actively involved in liquid type identification, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) interpretation, and will perform a simulated spill clean-up operation.
- Give participants an understanding of environmental legislation, workplace health and safety, and their duty of care considerations regarding spill management.
- Teach participants which spill kits, absorbents and types of products are suitable for each type of spill.
- Teach participants the Universal 7-Step Spill Response Guide.
At the end of the Spill Response Training In-depth course, participants will have knowledge of:
- EPA legislation
- EPA guidelines for bunding and spill management
- environmental duty of care
- contamination issues
- absorbent selection
- correct liquid identification
- MSDS interpretation
- the Universal 7-Step Spill Response Guide
- correct product application
- practical spill response scenario.
Ecospill’s Spill Response: In-depth spill kit training course is ideal for:
- workshop, depot and factory personnel
- team leaders
- transport drivers
- mobile technicians
- …anyone who uses, stores or transports dangerous goods and petroleum.
Four hours, including time for questions.
Working in small groups, participants in this spill response training in-depth course will be instructed on how to order identify liquid types and complete MSDS worksheets. They will also participate in a simulated spill clean-up operation using controlled, safe liquids.
Your firm will receive a Certificate of Participation, listing participants’ names, at the end of this spill kit training course.
Ecospill’s training facility at:
Brisbane: 3/17 Bult Drive, Brendale QLD 4500
Perth: 1/435 Yangebup Rd, Cockburn WA 6164
Alternatively, Ecospill can conduct any of our spill kit training courses on your premises (subject to numbers).
$250 plus GST per participant
Minimum four participants (or $1000 plus GST) per session.
Call and discuss your training needs with us today!
Ecospill’s spill response training and Accredited Spill Training courses
• Manage Spill Control in the Workplace short course
• Certificate IV in Management of Safety and Environmental Practices